Monday, April 21, 2014

Perfection Found

It's not often that I find a quote or picture that jumps out at me and makes me want to throw my fist in the air yelling, "YES!!!"  But this one did it for me.  I actually want a t-shirt made up with this image or slogan.  I thought seriously about going back and editing all of my posts to include this image somewhere in them, but that seemed a bit like overkill... plus if you already read those posts, you wouldn't see the wonderfulness that is this image.  I cannot express how perfect this is to me.  I can think of so many times, places, people where I WISH that I had uttered these simple words.  

Think I'm exaggerating about pain:
Think I need a new doctor because you've assessed my symptoms from your armchair or your computer and I'm just not progressing fast enough:
You get the picture.

3 comments:

  1. I suppose you are posting this because you feel people have often judged you because of your illness... But remember people only say those things because they care about you and want you to reach your full potential. Whether you follow the advice or don't there isn't any harm in the dialogue. Doctors are just people and regular people often have helpful info to share. No one should have to face an illness alone... you can draw upon the strength and wisdom of your community. Sometimes the best advice comes from the most random of places, I have solved problems after talking to some random people- be it friends, family, someone waiting in line at Kohls, someone sitting next to me on an airplane... just a thought... Love, SK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything you said, except one: "there isn't any harm in the dialogue." I can't even tell you the hurt and judgment I felt at the beginning when I was at my very lowest and very scared and people would tell me things that I won't go into in a blog but hurt as much as the pain I was experiencing. The fact that some people I thought knew me best could think such things about me like I was a druggy or didn't feel like going to work (just for example), shocked me. I've read other accounts from women who felt belittled or ignored or bullied as they are going through an already horrible illness and it bothers me a great deal. If, however, people talk to me from a place of love, compassion, curiosity, or whatever else, then yes... I agree with your post completely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also posting this because it made me feel good. For the most part, I'm good, but part of me is angry and that's as real as the rest of this endo disease.

    ReplyDelete