Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Note From the Author


Author's Note: This is a blog about my journey with my disease.  I write about things in my life that affect me on that journey.  Many people have asked me more questions about my mother... I appreciate all the concern and love, but I will not be writing about other people in this forum.  I don't use names and I am not going to presume to write about anyone else.  Obviously there are life events that impact how I am feeling, how much pain I am having, the stress level of the day, etc.  I will write about or touch upon these things as they can cause problems for people with endometriosis.  My aunt's death, my mother's cancer... these things affect many people who love them and each person will react differently.  This blog, however, focuses solely on me, my struggle with endometriosis, learning to live with that, and my journey along the way.  I am not telling you how a death may have felt to anyone else, or how I would feel about a parent having cancer if I wasn't also sick.  Endometriosis colors everything in my world right now and I am telling my story and feelings from that perspective.  

My purpose here is: to educate as much as I can to help people understand endometriosis; to give myself a place to explore my feelings and reactions solely thinking about me; to try to connect with friends, loved ones or others with this disease because I think it is so important to be able to see that you are not alone, your suffering is real, and other women out there are able to empathize and understand your experience.

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment