Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Common Misconceptions about the Chronically Ill

The following is an awesome article I was sent by a friend of mine. (Thank you, K).  I read it and really connected to all the points, having had people around me hold these misconceptions, particularly numbers 1, 4 & 5.  This is an article originally published December 5, 2013 by Toni Bernhard, J.D.  I take absolutely no credit for any of what is posted below.  The original link is here.

_____________________________________________________

Six Common Misconceptions about the Chronically Ill

What those who are healthy rarely understand about those who are sick or in pain

4 comments:

  1. Good article, but parts are covered by ads I cannot get rid . Frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... On my page there are no ads covering it (but please feel free to click away on them!) ;-)
      Are you reading on a computer screen or a phone? I'll try to look at the formatting. Also, the link to the original article is at the very top... maybe that one would work better for you? Sorry about that, it's a really great article! Thank you for reading!!

      Delete
    2. Just in case, here's the original link: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/turning-straw-gold/201312/six-common-misconceptions-about-the-chronically-ill

      Delete
    3. I am reading on my kindle...it looks fine until I stretch it to make it big enough to read, then the ad pops up......I looked at it, and when I closed it, there was still a white box in that spot.

      Delete