Sunday, April 27, 2014

Amazon Smile


I don't know if many of you are aware of Amazon Smile.  I know I was not until I got a birthday gift from Amazon from my sister which included a card that said "A gift has been made in your name to the endometriosis society."  That was just as good as a gift and very cool!!  When I asked about it, she told me about Amazon Smile.  If you have an account with Amazon.com, you find a cause you care about, pick one of the societies or foundations associated with that cause, and when you purchase anything from Smile.Amazon.Com, a donation will be made to the charity or cause you have chosen.


When you sign up, it will redirect you to make Smile.Amazon.com your new Amazon homepage.  When I went to register, I saw that there were options for basically any cause you can think of and I thought that this is an amazing option, even if it's only pennies because something is always better than nothing and a lot of people giving a little something adds up to a lot!  From your own Amazon homepage, just search for Smile and it will direct you to the various options and causes that you can than choose from and that's pretty much all you need to do.  

If you belong to Amazon.com, I strongly urge you to sign up for Amazon Smile.  It doesn't cost you anything and you can help causes that need funding  Obviously, I chose to sign up and support Endometriosis research and I would encourage other women to do the same.  Even if you don't have endometriosis, you can sign up to help us with funding.  Or don't.  Sign up for something you feel passionate about.  If you need some ideas, I would love to support Shelter Pets and Cancer research as well, but right now endometriosis is essentially consuming my life so I would love for there to be a lot more research funded than there is currently.  

*My only word of caution is that you at least google the foundation or charity you choose in order to make sure they are truly non-profit and that your donation is going to where it should be going.*

No comments:

Post a Comment