Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter!


Happy Easter to everyone who celebrates it!  I do not celebrate religiously but I have always had family gatherings.  When we were little we would do egg hunts.  Even at home, the Easter Bunny would leave us Easter baskets and eggs and if my sister or I had trouble finding them, my parents would somehow have directions from the Easter Bunny and be able to help guide us so no eggs were missed.  

No family gathering this year though.  My mom began feeling the side-effects of her chemo three days after the treatment and since her family lives about an hour away, we'll be missing it this year.  I have to say, of all the holidays to miss, I guess Easter isn't so bad, but it is always nice to see family, so to everyone else who will be gathering, I wish you a wonderful holiday.  For those of you not celebrating Easter, I just hope you have a wonderful day!  And for those of you with endometriosis, I wish you a day of health, love and support!






My cousin, SK, will be at our Easter gathering and in the spirit of family, I would like to send her my thanks and love through my blog, because she has been the most vocal and frequent commenter.  Since this is a personal blog, all the comments hit home and I know if someone comments, he/she took the time to read what I wrote and that matters to me.  She has also emailed me and sent me cards for no particular reason and I don't know if I've responded enough, so I'm taking the minute to say Thank You, I love you, and all your small gestures of support and understanding mean a lot to me.  Sometimes I get a nice email or gift and I'm not feeling well and I always mean to make sure I respond but I am not always sure if I did or not.  And if I haven't responded, she will still comment and still check in and it is appreciated more than I could express in any proper format.  So THANK YOU and I Love you!!!

And thank you also to SR, MLD, Aunt Donna, C, Tiffany and anyone else who comments, it brightens me day each time!  (I haven't forgotten that a bunch of people email me privately rather than comment and that is no less important).  And also to BR, whose ring I wear daily, mostly because she cared enough to send it :)

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kind words! We missed you todayI We had a lovely meal and a walk. I am attaching the quinoa tabbouleh recipe. Let me know how you like it. My friend made it and did not add mint and used red and yellow peppers instead of tomatoes so you can play around with the recipe. Love, SK

    ReplyDelete
  2. forgot the recipe!
    http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Quinoa-Tabbouleh-395939

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you're writing again and glad you're wearing the ring! Love, BLR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you both, I missed seeing everyone too! Love you!

    ReplyDelete