Monday, January 20, 2014

Pills





There are some days I look at my pill box and at the 23 pills I take daily (not including pain relievers) and I just can't imagine swallowing them all.  Usually it is not so difficult, although with the weird tastes I can't take them with water.  The gel caps are easy, the regular capsules are okay, the large solid ones are the worst.  On the plus side, this is less than I used to take.  

I find when doctors or the ER ask you to fill out paperwork, there is an inevitable "please write down any medications you may be on" section.  I never gave it much thought.  Now I find it intimidating.  I don't want to write out all the stuff I have to take just to function, I don't want to look like such a sick person.  My pet peeve is going to the doctor's office and having a nurse ask me if there have been any changes to my medication since the last time I was there.  I will say "no" and then they proceed to go through every single thing listed in their database anyway.  Why bother asking about changes then?  I have to say, it's a small thing but it drives me crazy each time I go to the doctor!  
So what do I take:
- Magnesium (2) ...  helps with muscle tension/soreness/constipation
- Proboulardi (1) ...  probiotic
- Vitamin D (1) ... I always forget why but I know I've been told it's important
- Zoloft (1) ...  for depression
- NT Factor (4-6) ...  to combat fatigue, it restores on a cellular level
- Fish Oils (2) ... for inflammation and probably something else
- B-Active (2) ...  Vitamin B for energy
- Doxepin (1) ... for sleep, also supposed to help with pain
- Flexeril (1-2) ... muscle relaxant to help with any pelvic spasms
- RegeneMax (2) ... to keep skin and nails strong and elastic 
- Multivitamin (1) ... self explanatory
- Klonopin (1) ... for sleep
- Melatonin (1) ... for sleep

- Pain relievers as needed

I am very happy to no longer be taking neurontin, , tramadol, oxycontin and a couple other things that I can't think of at the moment but all lead to cloudy thinking and a drowsy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment